Thursday, October 28, 2010

Color Inspires Me

Who doesn't love color? I help teach a bible class for a group of teens on Wednesday nights.  At the beginning of class last night, we were talking about our favorite colors and I had a really hard time figuring out my favorite.  I finally decided on brown and one of the girls in my class did not like that at all.  I know its weird, but I truly love so many shades of brown! I also gravitate towards brown when choosing fabrics to work with, however, I wouldn't say the color brown inspires me.  What really gets me going is when I see lots of colors together.  I love a beautiful print with a deep rich pallete.  I work well when surrounded by new and fresh color. 

I received a shipment of tulle the other day and when I lined them all up on the table I just had to step back and exhale.  Ideas were free flowing that day! I cherish those kinds of moments, because those are the ones that keep me going in this business.  I'm expecting a shipment of fabric any day now and I can't WAIT to open it up and be inspired all over again! What inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment